Endurance Civic: New motor

We got our replacement motor in and started going over it.  We noticed that all the injectors looked new and left those alone (for now).  The head shield over the exhaust manifold was missing some hardware and the mount points were a bit rusted so we cleaned those up and found replacement hardware.  We took apart the timing belt to discover that we bought the right belt but the wrong tensioner and water pump so we ordered the correct ones.  We removed the power steering rack and mount for it and the air conditioning as we have a manual rack and no ac.  We cleaned up any corrosion on the hose connections and replaced all the rubber hoses.  We removed the valve cover and replaced all the rubber on it.  Next time we’ll finish the timing belt and attach the wiring harness.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *